Traditional Chinese Translation
Traditional Chinese Translated by Native Mandarin Linguists in Taiwan, Hong Kong and the U.S.
Simple Facts about Traditional Chinese
- The modern traditional Chinese characters first appeared in the Han Dynasty with the emergence of the clerical script.
- Chinese is not an alphabetic language. Contemporary written Chinese is divided into two sets: simplified and traditional characters.
- Traditional Chinese characters are commonly used in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Guangdong Province (Mainland China) and some overseas Chinese communities. It has been the legal written form in Hong Kong and Macau since colonial times.
- As the economy develops and tourists from Mainland China increase, Simplified Chinese characters are gaining more influence in Hong Kong and Macau. Local residents have concerns to protect their heritage of traditional Chinese characters.
Things to note:
- Traditional Chinese can be converted to Simplified Chinese when using the MS Office conversion function, but many expressions cannot be modified automatically and have to be manually replaced.
- Most Mainland Chinese people can read traditional Chinese characters but few can write them. Only professional native linguists can offer Traditional Chinese language services.
- Although traditional characters are the official written language in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau, the spoken form in Taiwan is Mandarin, whereas the spoken form in Hong Kong and Macau is Cantonese. Cantonese also has its own written form, separate from traditional Chinese characters.
Our Strengths and Competitive Edge:
- Native linguists: With a branch office in Taiwan and the USA, we have native traditional translators, both in-house and a very large pool of part-timers, who understand the culture and different expressions of traditional Chinese. All linguists have their own expertise. We offer translation for English to Traditional Chinese (for Taiwan, Hong Kong, USA Chinese communities, Euro Chinese communities, and more), as well as Simplified to Traditional Chinese adaptation and editing services, plus transcreation.
- Project Management: Our project managers have extensive experience in arranging translation projects. When clients need Traditional Chinese services, we will always check target market first, as we understand the differences of traditional Chinese used in Taiwan, Hong Kong and the Chinese communities abroad. Once clear on your target audience, we will assign the appropriate translators your projects, following our project management protocol.
- Quality Assurance: Being an ISO9001: 2008 certified translation company, we can always assure high translation quality. We receive trust and respect from clients due to our consistent high-quality translation and localization services.
We accept and complete over hundreds of projects in Traditional Chinese translation every month as it one of our most popular languages. Our experts can work in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
The digital revolution in China is responsible for a quick knock-on impact on its economy. The social media, E-commerce, and online entertainment have made their digital presence and free-spending youth, rising incomes, and E-commerce growth are also keeping consumer spending and confidence high at all times.
With up to 50% of web penetration rate and over 620 million internet users (as of 2016), over 90% of China’s internet users rely on Smartphones to browse the web.
We have the specialists in Traditional Chinese to English Translations and vice versa. We are offering certified, top-quality translations at very affordable prices. We can also provide accurate yet affordable translations in all local dialects in Taiwan and China.
Contact us for more about our business translation services.
Scan QR code
and following us WeChat: mts_cn
USA Toll Free: 1-800-986-6870
China Toll Free: 400-6618-000